Tuesday 26 November 2013

Gurus and Grasshoppers - I love bows, bows love me

For my first ever brief set by my gurus, I have been tasked to make a textured weapon of my choice using less than 800 tris. This seemed easy enough to me, until I went and over-complicated things for myself and decided I wanted to make a bow with an Art Nouveau influence. It didn't sound too hard in my head, but when it came down to doing it I realised that I have trouble making anything look natural in 3ds max, and the whole point of Art Nouveau is to incorporate a natural feel into the design...you see my issue. However, I'm persevering with it since I want to make something in a style I like, and also because it's a guru project so I'm sure they'll go easy on me. I wanted to challenge myself now and then perhaps acquire new skills I can then use in properly assessed projects. As my model isn't finished yet, I thought I'd give you a little sneaky look at some of my designs that I jotted down quickly using some reference images to do with Art Nouveau.


Hopefully I'll be done with this little project very shortly so I can post the results of my venture into weapon modelling here. I don't even think I've ever really designed a weapon or anything of this sort before, not even a doodle, so it's nice to try something new for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment